Saturday, January 23, 2010

Well Shit... Part 2..

So I was soo curious as to why things went so bad with this chick, that I decided to say fuck it and ask her... What I got back boggles my mind...

"One really simple thing is that I didn't realize you were a smoker. I've never like cigarette smoke, and never dated anyone who smoked. While that's not a dealbreaker, it doesn't really help."

--This is plainly listed on my profile... Seriously??

"I think over the course of the evening I realized that a lot of your stories had a common theme in them--you are excessively nice to too many people. While it can be a noble thing to be so generous and giving and it is something I sometimes find quite attractive, for me there gets to be a point where it is too much. It is reminiscent of my ex-husband, who would have given the shirt off his back to anyone who asked, but who never took care of himself enough. And what's more, since I was like an extension of him, he didn't take care of me. He was more worried about the list of people he had to help. He expected me to be as self-sacrificing for him as he was for everyone else, but I didn't want to betray myself in that way. The result was an imbalanced relationship - he felt like I didn't take care of him enough, and I resented that he stretched himself so thin making sacrifices. I'm not trying to equate you with my ex, but I guess the point I am trying to make is that I am most attracted to someone who can balance generosity with a strong sense of self-preservation and self-care. Ultimately, when someone shows that they can take good care of themselves (by saying no once in a while, e.g.) they show that they can take good care of their relationship by having good boundaries. This is one of the explanations for why so many women tend to choose "bad boys" over "nice guys"; there's real stability in someone who puts his own self-care first in a healthy way."

--LOL WOW WTF??? Any of you who know me should know that she is on crack...

1 comment: